Sunday, September 5, 2021

Journal (2011-Jan-22) Hindi



Index of Journals
January 22, 2011

It feels like Hindi is in its days. The last people who speak this language only are seeing there third generation today. It feels bad to see them in a pitiful situation. A language is what gives shape to a culture. The language changes, the people change. If languages are wiped out form the face of the Earth it will by itself remove many religious-extremists. That's, of course, because not many religions have religious texts in English. So, changing your tongue means a lot more than just changing your medium of communication. 
Hindi is dying out, and I am one of the killers, unfortunate. Sometimes I feel very bad for “why it is me who is in this situation, and not those English speakers, why my thinking was molded by events to take myself up so harshly to quit Hindi and take up English?” 
Now I can’t do anything than just feeling bad for morally killing myself.

I was going in my own way to study and sleep through the day. It was in the evening, during the dinner time. This news was coming which showed this mixing up of Hindi with all other languages and losing its original form.
It makes me feel bad when I see amma getting irritated by me watching English movies. First, she can’t understand this foreign language, and then the language which she speaks is losing its shine.

Buaji and I have been stealing eyes; don’t know what the new drama is. But because I don’t know why it is so, nor I can see any logic myself, so I am not digging into this matter.

God Bless ‘Me’
Ashish 
Tags: Behavioral Science, Emotional Intelligence, Indian Politics, Journal, Management, Politics, Psychology

No comments:

Post a Comment