Sunday, September 5, 2021

2011-Jan-26 (Republic Day Celebration in Society)



Index of Journals
January 26, 2011
HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY

I was awake till 0500 in the morning. I was working on this English assignment I found in one of my old diaries.
Babaji was here around ten to wake me up but I didn’t. I was wakened up by amma around 1030 when she called to come out for Maggi. I came out and then chachi says she wouldn’t serve me until I brush. I went back to bed after waiting for a couple of minutes. 
I was awake at around 1200 when the loud music playing outside in the society function entered my ear. I woke up, brushed my teeth, ate Maggi, changed my clothes, and left out to attend to function. I wanted to go out and get my platter home, but then Puneet’s message came. I went out and I found Amogh, Vidhu, Appu, and Kunal there. 
Amogh greeted me as if I’m someone real big person here. He bowed to touch my feet, and then we exchanged hugs. (Though, he was stepping on my foot many times while we were standing away from the crowd, which was to cool his mind down if he was thinking that it was disgraceful to playfully bow before me.)
Puneet came later, Yash Teejay too was down to feast with us (you can say that). Hardik and Harshit didn’t come because they were at hospital to attend to their father. Their father is down with chest infection, breathing problems, and sugar. Harshit let me know that later after the function. 
Asha Menon didn’t look at me with hatred. Nobody else did either. I wear this Obama-Hair-Do (or Eminem’s, whatever) and clean shave, and these frameless spex make me look intelligent. I’m an engineer, after all. That’s enough for them to stay away.

This they had called some singers from some training group. Plus, they held competition in dancing for children of the society after the performance by the professional performers. It took good time. Then to fill up gap till the result came out, Sneha Bhatti performed. Oh, she is hot!
She danced on ‘SHEILA KI JAWANI’ and that was cool to see her dance. But for most people, I bet, it was difficult to digest that they were getting to see live performance of a hottie. And it was no other than their neighbor. I don’t know what to say, but it wasn’t brainy to give these people more than what they could digest or deserve, choose for yourself.

There were new faces too. I remember two new faces of two women (both of them almost chinky), and Rachna (Luthra) aunty, she’s hot too. She deserve better than that wildly hairy jerk, her husband.
It felt great to talk to Puneet. Guess I got friends here, finally. Then we had Bhanu talking to us too. He is doing Economics Honors. He caught me in the middle of our intelligent conversation, when I was talking faster than I was thinking. He pointed if Prabhav was doing Economics Honors before doing Law. Well, that was wrong question put down to test me. I refrained back, because I didn’t have good idea of whether the two degrees were of the same level or different.

I watched ‘Social Network’ again after coming back home.

God Bless ‘Me’
Ashish 
Tags: Behavioral Science, Emotional Intelligence, Indian Politics, Journal, Management, Politics, Psychology

No comments:

Post a Comment