Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Anu and Tushar's wedding (Feb 2020)



It is very hard for me today (2021-Aug-4) to think of writing about Anu, my sister's wedding, to think of a good beginning of this article without thinking of my grandpa, without missing him.

The Week Leading to the Wedding

The POC development at my workplace at been going on at full pace with Kishore Bhat, Kajal Singh and Amitabh. I really loved the work and was enjoying it day and night. The kind of work that we did Amitabh's team was very cool and the environment was intensely competitive. The notion in my mind was that if I would spend too much time off of work for the wedding ceremony, I might get replaced or that Kajal would position herself ahead and strongly that it would be hard for me make a comeback.
The time when I was in the bus from Chandigarh to Delhi, I thought about how life had been, what I had expected, what I wanted and reflected upon my past.
While I was doing the reflection, I thought of a quote from Richard Branson's book 'The Virgin Way' that I had memorized for the Book Club presentation on the book. The quotation goes like this: 
Life is too short. Don't enjoy it? Don't do it.

This pushed me shoot out a negotiation mail to Amitabh for the quality of work I was getting. I wrote if he doesn't put me in an AI/ML project, I would have to consider his advice about projects outside the team and maybe company.
I had little choice here, even if I get into an AI/ML project, it would be with Kajal in team.
The project with the financial institution client was picking pace while I was on leave. I was checking emails regularly but not responding to them.

Day 1: 

Apart from the mess that was in Infy, I was getting 'Data Scientist' opportunity at Bebo, interview letter was in personal mailbox and while I was attending Anu's engagement on Day 1, Bebo HR was trying to reach me on call.
Bebo is nothing as compared to Infy so I took no clear interest in it apart from getting interviewed.

Day 2:

When the wedding was going on, my mom and I were here at the hotel. During this time, Shree Bhagwan and Sanjay Chanchal were calling repeatedly. The issue was of cleanliness. Sanjay Chanchal had engaged in one-to-one conversation with Shree Bhagwan. When Shree Bhagwan called me, I was not very happy with the situation at hand. I told Shree Bhagwan that as for the cleaning and drying of the front yard, I would get external person to do it but there will be rent revision for that.
I was a literally a guest at my sister's wedding. There was so much going on in my life that I was barely able catch a breath. The stress was palpable. Taking Trini Calm tablet left me in self-aware, self-conscious, emotionless and sleepy mood.
After Anu's wedding, I came home by Metro as all the cars and cabs had left.

Day 3:

Sri Bhagwan left. It was okay for everyone as the Tri Nagar didn't have enough infrastructure capacity to bear 11 people (5 of Sri Bhagwan, 3 of Sanjay Chanchal, 2 Sanjay Ramesh and one mom).

In the morning:

Rekha bua, Rajeev fufa, Yashvir uncle and Seema aunt went to bring back the girls from the hotel and also have breakfast with Tushar's family. I was asked by uncle and aunt to come along but I refused stating I had to reply emails. When I told Rajeev fufa the same reason on meeting him before they left, he smirked with the noise as if "replying emails was not a good reason". Rajeev fufa had taken leave from Visa Company for his parents anniversary celebration and had come to India, Visa took an action on him for taking this extended leave and Rajeev fufa had to switch company. Hence, the saying goes:
Boss is always right.

No comments:

Post a Comment