Saturday, October 23, 2021

2011-Feb-25 (Squinted Librarian)



Index of Journals
Friday February 25, 2011

I left for college early today. I reached college by 0845 and I straight away went to library. I had ADA book with me. I started afresh from Insertion sort because I was finding it difficult to cope with the mathematics involved in the chapters ahead. 
Today, Gaurav Sati, Anubhav Koli, and Vibha had come to the college. I spent all the morning time with Gaurav, meeting his contacts, listening to his jokes. Around 1200, Anubhav and I were in the library. Anubhav had to issue DCS book. I wanted the same book and we got it together as the librarian was putting them back for re-issuing. I got the book and when I reached the table of the squinted-librarian (who probably got the job under the mercy for being handicapped from one eye) for issuing the book I put it down on the lap. I was turning the book upside down and he complained about me being twisting and turning the book and not keeping straight down on his table. He said he do not understand what is wrong even though I come there for book-issue regularly. He really hurt by little speech of his. I wanted to get back to him but then Anubhav and I went to the canteen. Anubhav treated me and I thought why I should be wrong if the whole world is wrong.

On Monday, in SE period the class had surprise test. Another surprise test by the substitution teacher, it was the friend of Gareema ma’am. That means Swarnlata ma’am was absent that day. In addition, I too had been late on the same day. Luckily, I had missed all the first-half lectures. I wondered why a teacher would be taking a surprise test when the subject teacher had already evaluated me for half mark out of twenty. I took the scene to be circling around me and formed stories. I wondered if Swarnlata ma’am had called for a probe to show the ‘jury’ that I am wrong, and incapable, and just pretending to be smart. 

I sat in the classroom where I had done my first semester. I sat there until six and then as the maidservant told me to move; I went to open-auditorium for another half-an-hour. 

God Bless Me
Ashish 

No comments:

Post a Comment