Sunday, October 24, 2021

2011-Mar-15



March 15, 2011

I had enough from Ankur during these last 3-4 days. I left for Nehru Place around nine after having breakfast. After waiting for an hour I missed the first bus, second was scheduled after another hour. I had to freak out at the driver who drove away on my face, and curse him. I reached Nehru Place by catching the bus from near Akshardham. I reached the place early and so sat in stairs to wait till the whole place opens up. I visited the outlets from all leading brands and the first shop I went in, the man there shocked me. He said one can’t do programming on mini laptops. What the hell was that? He blamed it on Atom processor. He said Pentium processor is the least for C/C++ programming. I was tossed after listening to this. Some shopkeepers denied, some agreed. It was funny in the Sony outlet. Person in front was agreeing on it, and the person behind him was denying it which eventually changed to nodding saying ‘yes’. I found the notebook of my choice at Samsung. I had to call Prashant sir to ask about the confusion about Atom processor. He said big ‘yes’ at first but then shifted away saying he don’t have deep knowledge in this field and so I should better ask my friends. I later checked it on internet and it says I can do programming on mini laptop but by compromising with speed and time. I got R15000 from babaji, and buaji present there tried to create fuss about it. I haven’t bathed since four days. I smelled bad and I really created a stir in the house. I was really excited about buying a notebook. I tried to get all the money at once but babaji didn’t have it and also he wanted to come along so we postponed it for tomorrow. Manju buaji was referring to badi buaji and Anil fufaji for this work.  I received call from Ankur and he referred R. buaji to me saying that I should wait for a year. That was funny. I called Chetan, the person who had showed me the notebook gave me his number, and he said I should call him before coming to the shop to buy it. It made me feel a little odd because it reminded me of the snatching incident, that had happened with me one-and-a-half years back. The shopkeeper had told me to call before coming and when I was returning from the shop I was robbed off my phone. I was unable to put my brain/thoughts in place.
Even today, I am nervous and excited both at one time. 
God bless me
Ashish 

No comments:

Post a Comment