Sunday, October 24, 2021

2011-Mar-16



March 16, 2011
I got my personal computer finally. It is feeling great. Now I just hope everything that follows goes well. 
I went to Tis Hazari Court to see babaji there. He and Manju buaji were talking to some men, probably their clients. I waved at Manju buaji from outside and then jumped back to keep away from site. Then buaji called me inside. It was easy to pass time listening to their conversation then how it was at home. I had no plans of how I was going to pass the time before I get my Notebook computer. I was nervous, I had not been this tense before since my last JEE exam. It has been more than a year to that. This was funny how I was comparing the two longest mornings of my life. 
I had called Chetan sir, the dealer, right around eleven. It was according to the plan in which I had one job to do after every hour. I bathed at nine, went to bank to withdraw the ten thousand rupees from cheque at ten, left for court at eleven, planned to reach the court by twelve, wait there till two as babaji had told me, and then reach Nehru Place by three. This was how I had divided my day. It was easier than thought. 
Babaji brought along four people with him. Babaji, buaji, his client, his society-friend, his driver, and I went to purchase a computer which had nothing to do with any of the rest the others. Babaji even got to listen from his friend due to this. He had to take his wife to the hospital at 1500 and now we had reached Nehru Place at 1459. Of course, what babaji did was not right. I was going there alone but then to be precautious I planned to take babaji (because Ankur was not helping). Eventually I was consuming the time of five people excluding myself.

Manju buaji is a prick. Why was she speaking against me on most occasions though she never stood by acting mean to hamper my plans but still. She had to keep her mouth closed. We were home by 1700. Anu and Srishti took a view glances at the working of the mini-laptop.  What was surprising was that chachi said I did nothing wrong in buying a mini-laptop and laptop as it is advanced technology. I did not interrupt long as I had to speak nothing. 
It was fun to work with the new computer. At the shop, babaji said everything he could in order to ask for a little more concession but the manager was adamant. Babaji had to give R20800 and babaji unsuccessfully tried to bring down to R20500.
I called Ankur to tell him about this and he too was happy for me. I just sat till 2100 to transfer my “Impossible” folder from laptop to my notebook PC. This was surely a day, now I just hope that only the good follows ahead. 
God bless me
Ashish

No comments:

Post a Comment