Sunday, November 14, 2021

Leaving Mobileum and Uniting with mom (2018)



Index of Journals
My relationship with my mother (whom I call mom now) is broken, shattered, unreal, and super-complicated.

The credit for it goes to my mom, my late dad and paternal side of the family.

Everyone in the family calls mom by her name and everyone in the family used to call dad by his name. When I say everyone, I mean everyone, including the kids.

Manju bua particularly holds strong negative feelings for mom. She holds a lot of grudges that she at times would talk about.

All of what it had been, how it had been, the way it had been was going to change in the summers of 2018.

I along with a lot others was fired from my Software Engineer job at Mobileum, Gurugram with a 45 days notice period.
The world turns upside down at such times and that's exactly what happened with me.

I was living in a rental accommodation in Gurugram / Gurgaon near office at that time.

I had not been in touch with Rekha bua and my sister Anu but in these low times there was some futile communication between us. They suggested that I stay here in my rental room for the time till I have paid the amount.
That meant current month and the notice period of one month. The tenor refused to pay back the security and told me that it was rent for the notice period.

What Rekha bua and Anu were saying was that I should stay in Gurugram for 45 days or till possible and focus on finding a new job.

I decided to take a completely different route that was going to change my life forever. I came to Tri Nagar.

When Rekha bua learnt about it, she said "tu wahaa narak mei kyu chalaa gayaa, woh jagah toh narak hai".
Meaning: Why have you gone to thay hellish place? That place is hell.
She said, "Do you know Hem chacha lives there?"

But I had read a lot of self-help books on variety of topics and I was very confident that I should have no problem in Tri Nagar and in dealing with my mother.

And hence I packed my things, sold off bicycle and desert cooler to come to Tri Nagar, to my mother's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment