Sunday, November 7, 2021

2011-Apr-05



Index of Journals
April 5, 2011

I had to finish Communication Systems last night but then I overslept. Then I had doubts about syllabus, the book contains too much and lecture plan has nothing written there. I called Vibha and Nishant for this purpose in the morning. Both came up of good avail. Nishant has been real nice to me whenever I found myself most lonely among the fifty filthy classmates. 

For the breakfast chachi made Uttapam. I wondered if I would be sleeping through the day after eating that. I was sleeping in the afternoon but by 2000 I was over with Communication Systems. 

Last year chachi and chacha had been adamant about using mosquito nets but this year (when it is time for Prashant to sit for ‘Holy exam’) there are three mosquito vaporizers in the room. Lately I studied this idiot a bit and now I know his habits and patterns. So I am little comfortable at home. 

There was a spider of the size of a wheat bead on the bed circling near pillow since last night. I then instinctively closed it in the book, killing it. I had killed a black-bug-like spider with charger last year. Jains don’t do that, I was very guilty, and today again. 

Result is still waiting to come. I am worried, I have to write to US and I wish I give them good news. I don’t know why I am linking the two incidents? The day when Rekha buaji had talked to me on phone, her tone had been very arrogant, very proud, like she scored a point over me, or like she owed me something I can’t live without. She told amma that Rashmi got first position out 500 others. She didn’t mean to put her overall result in the form of ratio, because that is anyhow not possible for US. First of all, there are no people in that country in comparison to India; second of all, the most universities there have very large number of seats, much larger than the intake. In IITs the competition has gone as bad as 1.4 for every 100, then which exam and in which part of Earth did Rashmi sit for a test where they chose 1 from every 500? That’s bullshit; buaji lied to her uneducated mother.

God bless me	
Ashish 

No comments:

Post a Comment