Thursday, May 13, 2021

The Survival8 Story



Index of Journals

Chapter 1

Good morning folks, Sneha and Aniket! "survival8" was an attempt by me to just make BITS Pilani content available to everyone. Prior to "survival8", there were other blogs that were very poorly managed and had horrible navigation and all of them had only questions. What I did at 'survival8' was also put the answers while solving the practice tests and previous year question papers during my own preparation and that's how it started. After I got out of BITS, I had less time and no content After getting out, I was only getting content from the WhatsApp groups. And it was very time consuming to put all the available content on blog in a timely manner so I at first uploaded content to Google Drive (instead of putting one paper on one webpage) to directly give the access to audience to the whole content in like "one click". The idea was to move forward with time, instead of being stuck in an old rut. But there was no learning for me in it. So I moved my way into research for my own growth and now posted that content. The motivation was to create a good 'blog', a good product. I didn't like the life at a service based company, it was a lot of work. Now along with technology, I knew that I was lacking social skills so I was into a whole lot and I started reading self-help books, biographies, Management books, Psychology books. After this, I was also putting book summaries (extractive summary) and it is kind of illegal if I put more than 30% of the book's content into a webpage as is. But I have not been into legal hassles yet. The reason for putting 'ads' on the site was to make it sort of 'self-sustaining', so that may be in future someone can take this as work seriously and also be able to make money. Money was not for me, it was for the site to become a business, a self-sustaining business that would allow someone to get his or her livelihood from it. Covid-19 showed us that there exists no job that can be called a "secure job" and you can say that you have "job security". This made me work harder for "survival8". The catch with Google blogging platform "Blogger" is that you need to make at least 100 USD through it in order cash out the money you have earned.

Chapter 2

Okay, now I know a story about a start-up called "S&Y Soaps" owned by Sneha and her experiences from that entrepreneurial adventure would be a great add-on. The reason I wanted Aniket and Sneha to be in it was because I needed to work with a team because that's how you succeed, that's how you build a company that can last. Sneha has got amazing social skills. She has vast experience in management and has worked very closely with title holders such Vice Presidents and Chief Enterprise Architect. She would be a great mentor for both Aniket and myself as she knows us from back when she was managing us in the Web Development Team. She has got great skills in artistic work of User Interface and User Experience. Aniket used to be a Team Lead and he had groomed me when I had started working for the 'Web Development Team'. Now we have not worked together for like years, Aniket got out from Mobileum on 31-Dec-2015 and Sneha one year later to join IBM. Vice President: Chandrashekhar Marathe Chief Enterprise Architect: Subhrata Biswas Tags: Journal,Management,

No comments:

Post a Comment