Sunday, March 21, 2021

Journal (Akriti Chauhan from Tinder)



This post is about my 'short-term long-distance text-based fling' with a girl I found on Tinder. The topic of Akriti came up when a friend of mine brought up the topic of my female friends. I think I enjoyed every conversation with Akriti. She had a very good sense of humor or might be that it matched mine, which is poor. For instance I do make up and crack 'Data Scientist' jokes such as this one:

The HR went to the chatbot expert and said, 'would you please build an FAQ chatbot for us?'. The chatbot expert came back to the HR and said, "hey, could you please rephrase 'what is your name' in five different ways?". 
I don't think common people would get it but I do think that it is funny.

Akriti and I dated for 2-3 months at first in 2019.

I was on Tinder to only explore and nothing serious. Also, Tinder is not some app for a serious engagement. People (like me) go to Tinder to explore things, they don't go their to find their true soul mate.

I had asked her for her number a lot of times but like any other female on that app, she also had trust issues.
In December, she had removed me from her contacts for no apparent reason. The thing I do remember is that she used to tell me (like 2 or 3 times in that period) that "if anytime you feel disinterested, you can always swipe left."  

We separated for about three months. Then she came back. She had found me on the Tinder app again and sent me a request to connect. This time she gave me her number after some nudging.

Sadly, the number was mostly off, or inactive. Her true caller name was not Akriti and the picture was not pretty as it was on Tinder.

We broke up again after I revealed certain things to her about myself. I told her that I am not rich and am not having the resources to start a family or settle down. She took it on a lighter note on the chat and laughed. But our communication reduced after that message, she had stopped responding and it was over.

Now the important question: 
How do you know if that person was real when you had not seen her or knew anything about her reliably?

Answer: 
Anything that the person on that app tells you, you have take that on face value. You cannot get into interogative mode, you cannot ask them to submit experience letter and address proof.

For example: 

1. Akriti would tell me that she is in Shimla but the app used to show that she is 54 KMs away.

2. Her display picture showed her hair from the back and that was it. No clue of what she might have looked like.

It occurs to me that it would be interesting if I take it up as a challenge to describe her picture. Let's do it:

It was a very sensual picture of a beautiful girl. Since Akriti was from Shimla (Himachal), the weather at the time and spot when that picture was taken would be best described as a pleasant winter night. The ambience of the place is festive like a Diwali night or a wedding night or like a bonfire night. The girl is in a red ethinic dress, a kurti maybe, or a lehenga choli with her silky soft hair falling freely. 

Memoir...
This is not a very good representation of her dress since red lehenga choli seems very synonymous with an Indian bridal dress but it was not bridal wear. Nor is the picture below matches with what I wrote above but it is still a very good reminder:
Title: Journal (Akriti Chauhan from Tinder) Tags: Journal,

No comments:

Post a Comment