Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Journal (About The Magic Software company in 2014)



It is not easy to talk about the difficult days of your life. It was back in 2014. I was looking for a job and the way to do that for me was through the 2G internet that was available at that time. It was a pretty bad experience to work that slow speed internet on the tablet I had that time. The website I was using was also not so good, it was "shine.com" and a bad decision. It did not help me get a job. What it did teach me is that you should have five skills in your resume to be able to make the job search faster. It did not help. I got into this company called "Magic Software" through a friend.

Rohit Sud is that special friend of mine. I owe a lot to him. My sister was also friends with him. My sister spoke to him and he helped me get into the Magic Software.
It was a new life, a new beginning. The company location was far from my house in Mayur Vihar. I would have to take the metro to begin with and then a bus or autorickshaw to get from metro station to the office (something like that) in Sector 127, Noida.
I did not have to do all that, I would wake up in the morning, get ready in my formals, and wait for Rohit outside my apartments. He had an old white Maruti Suzuki WagonR at that time. It did not have the air-conditioning or a music system, but it was not required anyway.

Rohit was a complete entertainment. He would ask me about my life, my experiences. He would play Hindi songs on his phone and sing along. I did not have a special liking for Hindi songs, but when he played them and sang along, it made the journey a pleasure.
We did not have new topics to talk about every day, so I used to watch one or two movies on coming back home from work in the evening and tell Rohit the stories on the next day. It was a revitalizing experience.

My work was in web development. I did projects that required me learn new technologies and do research about things I did not know. 

The takeaways from my experiences here are these:

1. You show your interest in taking up challenging tasks.

2. Show interest in learning.

3. Once you get home, you may relax and rejuvenate but always do the homework. Never miss that.

For me that homework was building my own website (an education portal I used to call 'Omicron').

There was one person I want to remember from this place and her name is Leela, a corporate communication trainer. https://www.linkedin.com/in/leelasachdev/

There were a lot of trainees here who would be leaving the company after three months of internship and they had connected with a lot of people here, made friends and dedicated more than one-third of their days to the company. After three months, company might extend the training by three more months depending on the requirements.
A person wrote an adieu letter to all her colleagues and everyone she knew of even remotely. To this Leela said that it is a particularly good thing to write an adieu letter. Not sure exactly what her words were but she was diplomatically encouraging the act.

No comments:

Post a Comment