Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Journal (Letter to my future wife)



I do not know who you are today. I do not know if you would be how I wish you to be. Let me still take up this opportunity to talk to you through this letter. 

English has been a major influence in my life. It has helped me to express myself, it has helped me in understanding the world through books, it has helped me to be able to talk to you in that first meeting. 

Today I cannot imagine myself without this language.

When I think of you, when I think of our kids, I see myself talking to my family in this language.

Also, I wish that you could focus on your career enough to support yourself and the kids shall I not be there for you. 

I do not wish to take responsibility for your happiness. I do not wish to take the responsibility for your well-being. I do not wish to take the responsibility to give you the things that you wish to have. And I say all of this while knowing that my happiness would be in seeing you happy. I will be healthier on seeing you fit and fine. I too want that you get everything that you deserve, everything that you yearn for.

I want you to be independent, I want to be independent.

Death and divorce are as much real as you and me. I could have painted a rosy picture in this writing but I chose not to. I believe in being prepared than being sorry.
Tags: Journal
Addendum: Written for Manvi

No comments:

Post a Comment