Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Journal (Interactions with police)



Panchkula, April 2020:

Lockdown had been slightly relaxed and I was out to have parantha at Bachu Ram's shop. There I had been without mask and a cop car (a white Maruti Suzuki Dzire) went towards Divya Yog mandir while patrolling. I did not know what it was all about. After I finished eating, I paid for the food and started to walk back to home. Just as I was at the left turn to my street for my unguarded society (I don't know what else to call it), police car came from the front and stopped next to me. There were two police men in it at the front seats. Now, they ask me for Rs 500 fine for not wearing mask. I told them I did not have the money. They now asked me to get it their car and that they would drop me at my residence and collect the fine. Or I can come with them to the police station. Now, my house from this point was roughly 100 steps away but I was outside the gate (of society) and so had to pay the fine.

From that day onwards, I did not forget to go out without a mask.

Panchkula, February 7, 2021: 

Time was 9 PM and a tomato seller screamed at the top of his lungs for 40 to 50 minutes before I had to call the emergency number of 100 and ask the 'Constable' about what help I can get. He told me that it would be hard for a police personnel to keep vegetable vendors away from your house at all times. These people are given licences by the MC to sell those vegetables. If you face too much difficulty or trouble, you can always reach out to us. If you want I can send someone to come to your place even now and see if there is an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment