Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Success Story: Kusang Lhamo (Jun 2021)



Go to Index of Guest Interviews

Kusang Lhamo

1992-January-1, Owner of 'Tenzin Tibet Kitchen'

  1. What is the one factor that contributed most in what you have achieved in life?

    It's my own inspiration. And my eagerness...

  2. What is your single biggest achievement?

    Waiting for the biggest achievement...

  3. What is the one lesson that you learnt the hard way?

    Never ever depend on the others.

    Never ever depends on the others..
  4. What is the one thing that you would like to change about India to make it a better country?

    People should think of themselves as part of a greater community as 'Indians' rather than having individualistic mindset and selfishness.
    There should be oneness in people. And corruption should not be there.

  5. What would be your message to anyone aspiring success?

    Never give up in the hard times.
    If you want to achieve anything, be prepared for the struggle.

  6. What is the biggest mistake that you have ever made?

    I wish to be independent. I relied a lot on others.
    I wish to be self-reliant, not exactly independent.

  7. Please tell us about the toughest times you have ever had, the most testing times that you have been through.

    Covid period were one of the toughest times for my business and myself.
    I advise everyone to save for the rainy days.

  8. What is the one thing that motivates you the most?

    My biggest motivator is my uncle (brother of my mother). He is also a spiritual teacher.

  9. What is the one thing that worries you the most?

    I would not advice anyone to worry about the process of achieving anything.
    I worry for the freedom of my people and my country.

  10. Please tell us about your five year plan. Personally and professionally.

    I will (not 'try', not 'want') open a bigger outlet in the next five years.
    I said 'not try' because when you say 'try', you never do, you keep trying.

  11. Define 'hard work'.

    'Hard work' means doing what's necessary, whether big or small task, you don't care, you do it anyway.
    Women today should not backout or back away from 'lifting heavy weights' by making excuses that 'this is too heavy for me' or 'I cannot do it'.
    Along with hard work, smart work is also required, which means setting smart goals and achieving them.
    Smart goals means:
    % Specific
    % Measurable
    % Attainable
    % Relevant
    % Time-based

  12. What are the three things that are most important to you in a job?

    1. Leadership quality
    2. Laziness will not work, eagerness will.
    3. "Do it today" attitude.
    4. Smart work.
    5. Personal life and professional life should be separate.
    Question was interpreted differently, she answered from the point of hiring a candidate for a job.

  13. Tell me about a time when you were asked to do something you had never done before. How did you react? What did you learn?

    I had to do something new yesterday. I didn't know how to do it so I took help from a friend, learnt how to do it and did it.

  14. Give an example of when you had to work with someone who was difficult to get along with. How did you handle interactions with that person?

    It depends on the attitude of that person towards me and my attitude towards him or her.
    I believe that person will come to understand me (if not today) then maybe a day or two later.

  15. Tell me about the last time something significant didn't go according to the plan.
    What was your role? What was the outcome?

    "Patience is the key ingredient to successful execution of any plan."

  16. Describe a situation in which you embraceda new system, process, technology, or idea that was a major departure from the old way of doing things.

    I want to express my experiences from my restaurant.
    Let us say there is a customer A and customer B.
    Customer A makes the following requests:
    1. Soup be made thicker.
    2. Food be served after a time duration or gap after soup.
    3. Like playing a song on repeat.
    Every customer teaches me something new.
    I cannot yell at a customer, who yelling at me. Restaurant is a professional place for me. I cannot make it a place for screaming match.
    I have to maintain my behavior and voice/tome that is pleasing.
    Behavior of customer A might be irritating to the customer B but at the end bothe are my customers.
    I handle customer A to the best treatment possible when alone and accordingly when in presence of other customers.
    Some customers who come lack patience.
    1. Customer wants fresh food.
    2. They also want it immediately.
    Now these are opposite to each other.

Ref: Tenzin Tibet Kitchen (in MDC, Sector - 5, Panchkula, Haryana)

Dated: 16 Mar, 2021 Tags: Communication Skills,Management,Success Story

No comments:

Post a Comment