Saturday, February 20, 2021

Journal (Remembering my grandfather)



My grandpa passed away a few days back. I was at work at that time in Chandigarh. It was a very unpleasant thought at first but I kept myself occupied instead of mourning even in person.

I switched off my phone on the first day and kept it on total silence on the next day. 
It is 6:30 AM today, still dark and I woke up to sound of a dog barking in the street. 

Like any other person on the Earth, he was also bit of a complicated man. He did have strong family values and religious values. He would be the first person in the temple everyday until few years back.

I won't be able to write him a eulogy but I can be honest about what I liked in him.

The takeaways from his life would be:

1. Discipline
Waking up on time. Reaching temple on time. Then reaching law court on time. 

2. Hard work
He worked way past into his 80s.
My dad had epilepsy and grandpa took a lot of care of that too (though I would not call it the best treatment).

3. Educate yourself
He was himself a lawyer. My two buas are lawyers. My uncle is from IIT. 
I was not very good at school but my grandpa paid for my tuitions. He paid for my JEE coaching. He bore the expenses for my Bachelor's education.

He lived a pretty long life according to everything I know about him. Had he passed away even an year before it would have meant a world of difference (on the bad side).

Pictures shared by my family:

Anu:
Manju bua:
Aunt:
Srishti:

No comments:

Post a Comment