Friday, September 25, 2026

Paint The Devil on The Wall (2026-Sep-10)


My Meditations    « Previously
There's a German saying that goes like "Don't paint the devil on the wall".

I just reversed that to match my life better. I ~~crave for~~ negativity, and so goes the title.

Now getting straight to the point:
"Who is the devil today?" It's Shalabh Gupta.

The reason I am feeling so negative today is because I think I might have got "3 strikes."

# Ignis (when it was at GitHub Actions stage)

# Leonis (which I didn't pick) POC

# PDF Reconciliation of Contracts

# Open-weights LLM Comparison

That's not 3, but 4 actually.
And my latest interaction with him goes like this: On an email requiring approval for budget GitHub Copilot, he wrote "let's talk tomorrow on Teams chat. Thanks"

That was at 10:20 PM yesterday.

Today, before 9:30 AM I pinged him:
"Saw your mail regarding the connect. Shall I call?"

To which he replied instantly: "Wait, I will call you"

And it's 11:30 AM now.
Now I am guessing that it's not a regular Connect. Most likely he will pass on some feedback (a guess again).

From the delay that he has introduced I am feeling the feedback is going to be horrible.

I am just praying that it doesn't happen around lunch — which is a typical "horrible feedback" time.

Moving on to the next point:

Imagining the worst...
"What if it's a layoff call?"
"If it is, then how prepared am I?"

And a dozen other questions like:

"Will there be a notice period?"
"Will I be paid for this month?" (Sep)
"Do I have enough for survival if I am released?"

"Do I have enough for this month and next month?"

"How will I disclose the news to my near-and-dear people: mom, ***, Anu, and rest."

"What are my monthly expenses today?"

"Did I take care of my baseline?"
"Did I pay enough attention to Tri Nagar?"

Now let's do some math:

Balance in current account : 1.1 Lakh
Expected expenses for remaining month of September: 20 K

Around left for next month of Oct : 90 K

Days worked in September : 10-12
Estimated salary to be credited for month of September : 1 L

That means cover for next month after Sep, Oct i.e. Nov : SECURED

That means 3 months to find a job before my bank balance goes zero. 

— * —

Next steps:

# Update resume

# Prepare for interviews

My Meditations    « Previously

No comments:

Post a Comment