Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Andy Fisher (Chapter 1) 2022-Feb-2



Index of Journals
I had met him long time back (i.e. 2019) for a handshake but theoretically this was when we first time met.

My recollections of Andy Fisher are from the times when I met him in his lab, in the cafeteria on his floor, from the occasional lunch table meetings during weekdays and the occasional food court meetings during the weekends.

I was with Lakshay Sharma in the food court on that weekend in 2019 and Lakshay introduced me to Andy Fisher that afternoon.

Andy Fisher is a tall, handsome man in early 30s (in 2019), with height maybe 6ft or an inch more.

I used to visit the office food court to read books and prepare summaries on the weekends, and the second time when Andy and I met, it was one such day.

He showed concern as to what was I doing in office every weekend and I seemed to be working very hard and why I wasn't at home and where I lived, where did I come from, etc.

It was during this question answering that I learnt of few Train names from that run between Delhi and Chandigarh. To name a few, it was Una Jan Shatabdi, Kalka Shatabdi, Himalayan Queen, etc. Andy is a very knowledgeable man.

Otherwise who gets 'Out standing' rating seven years in a row.

If you want to understand and know how to sail through Infosys for 25 years or so then Amitabh Manu or Andy Fisher are the people you should reach out to.

Andy prefers to be called by his first name but he lets the young team members use the title 'sir' for him.

If you would talk to him, you would see that he talks in a friendly way and has some thought, some comment, some feedback, some opinion, some point of view, something to say about almost everything that I know.

To conclude I would say that I like him, I like him very much except that he doesn't pick my calls, and does not want me to meet his wife ever (same as Rohit Sud), ha ha!

"A man makes a mistake only once", he would say. Andy had once got in a situation when he and Lakshay Sharma were to be in his wife's presence. Later on Andy regrets that day to this day for something that Lakshay had said. 
Andy says it could be worse with me. Ha ha!

I'd tell you more about these folks as the time would come. Thank you for now! 
Tags: Journal,Psychology,Behavioral Science,Management,

No comments:

Post a Comment