Sunday, August 15, 2021

Journal - 20210815 - Is my salary low, here's the answer, Yashvir



Index of Journals
I am so angry that I would right off jump to few conclusions:

1. I wish nobody should have an uncle like Yashvir.

2. Yashvir is repugnant.

3. Yashvir is despecable.

The above three conclusions also apply for Seema (my aunt).

When you write out your emotions, it literally has a cooling effect.

At Toastmasters, I learnt that you get 1-2 minutes for Table Topics. You are shown: 
Green card at 1 minutes, 
Yellow card at 1:30 minutes and 
Red card at 2 minutes (30 seconds grace on upper side); 

This is to make sure you communicate the desired message within an allotted time.

FYI: According to the National Center for Voice and Speech, the average conversation rate for English speakers in the United States is about 150 wpm. 

That means I should close a post in roughly 300 words.

I had to meet Ashna for the first time on the 9th of August and for that reason I was in Mayur Vihar on the night of 8th of August. I was there for the first time since grandpa's death.

Grandma was happy but there was a surprise humiliation waiting for me from uncle and aunt.

Uncle convinced me that my salary was low by being assertive like a ‘broken record’.

I gave him several reasons that I was okay with my salary since:

1. I told him the plate of food served to me by Seema would have roughly costed Rs 80 since it was having milk cheese (paneer) vegetable mix in it. And that I can afford such a plate of food myself.

2. I told Yashvir that my company is giving me non-monetary benefits, so I don’t need to run after money especially.

3. I told him I have cleared multiple job interviews (such as with Ericson or PWC) but I did not change the job because I was okay with my present job.

4. I told him that comparison of my salary with that of Kirti or Sambhav does not make sense because a security personnel in Infosys has his son selected at Tekion at a slaray package of 12 LPA and that the founder of Tekion is the former Chief Information Officer (CIO) for Tesla Inc., and reported directly to Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla. Prior to joining Tesla, Vijayan also held positions at VMware and Oracle.

5. He said my salary should be 35 LPA by now after knowing my experience. To this I stated (what I learned from Anil Dahiya), that at 7 years of experience, you cannot expect ratio of years of experience to LPA to be 1:5.

What I could not say to him on face is this:
1. 6 months back, Yashvir’s son (Prashant) was still in college doing MS at a US university with his father’s money, while I paid for my Masters’ with my own salary.

2. My mother is a person who needs to be looked after while all the bua and Seema is very much in good shape to look after themselves and look after their families.

3. Yashvir and Seema spoiled my childhood and now they have been also staying in this grandpa’s house in Mayur Vihar claiming it to be thier’s while telling me things about Tri Nagar or buying a house for my own.
Tags: Behavioral Science,Indian Politics,Psychology,Biography,Journal,Politics,Emotional Intelligence,

No comments:

Post a Comment