Saturday, August 14, 2021

Journal (2021-Aug-14)



Index of Journals
The kid above is showing middle finger on my behalf to the following people: 1. From society: Hardik Vashishth, Sanjay Sharma, Veena Ralli, Mudita Gupta, Naresh Taneja, Mahima Gupta, and Swati Tondon. 2. From NIEC/ADGITM college: Tanuja Nautiyal, Gareema Sethi, Priti Verma Dhaka, Anshu (English teacher) 3. From Family: Yashvir Singh Jain, Seema Jain, Parvesh Jain, Kumkum Jain, Rekha Jain and Prashant Jain. Writing about your day seems much simpler than writing about your sister's wedding. For one: you don't have to think deep and put the facts, memories, recollections in an orderly fashion so that they resemble a story with: 1. A beginning 2. A body, and 3. A conclusion You can go on and ramble about things and people you saw or met during the day and those people or things have found a place in your head so much so that you want to write about them. The day is a big success if I reach Chandigarh alive tonight by around 2AM. Yes, you are right if you are thinking that am in Haryana roadways bus. Haha, am still a crier. You would know from this line: The bus fares have increased from ₹245 in Aug 2018 to ₹305 today. Now after all the sobbing and crying: Here is the story of getting a room painted, not any other room but granny's. I usually go to this tea shop near Prachin Hanuman Mandir. The tea shop is on the other side of the drainage or you can also say the bridge. Every day plenty of laborers, masons, plumbers, electricians, painters and caffeine addicts might be visiting his shop so I was there and dropped my number after asking him for a painter. This is how Rajuddin came into my life. Pretty romantic, isn't it? I traveled to Delhi this weekend to get the work related to driving licence done. But then Rajuddin had been trying to reach me since few days. We also had been on calls a couple of times but I could not make up my mind with respect to price he was quoting of ₹7500 for one room. Well, he spoke well, would call me 'Ashish Bhai' or in English that would mean Ashish brother and apart from granny's room, he also painted the kitchen. Mom was insisting that we get someone else who would paint a room in a price around ₹3000 but I let Rajuddin do it since I needed it done fast and am aware that money spins the world so he would be inclined to listen than fool around if given few bucks more. He did five things as part of painting the room. 1. A bit of brushing the walls here and there (not done in my presence, so can't comment how well they (Rajuddin and 'Rambabu') did it). 2. Applying the putty to level out the uneven surface of the walls before painting. From what I could see on the painted walls, surface wasn't even and flat at all places but there were no major dips, crests or troughs :NotSureHowToPutIt 3. Then primer (white paint like liquid) 4. Then colored paint. The white color. 5. After walls are done, they paint doors and windows. Overall, am happy with how the room now looks. It was like a room in an abandoned house before the paint work. The last paint work that this room might have got must be before 2001. So that's after 20 years, this paint work is happening. I am so happy. There is one transaction about which I need to check: if mom got back the security amount we paid for ladder or Rajuddin kept it to himself. --- The second story is of my tenant Sanjay. This man whom I call Sanjay Ramesh since the time Sanjay and Chanchal were once tenants last year. Ramesh is Sanjay's chacha or to explain to you: Ramesh is the younger brother of Sanjay's dad. After Sanjay comes back from work, we go out to have tea. Yesterday, we also went for dinner. Dosa and coke at the Bangla Restaurant: a pretty popular one with modern furnishing and air conditioning. The place has a standard that com s out from the way it sells coke because it sells coke at a high price in its own paper glass and straw like McDonald's. Now whatever conversation Sanjay and I had should not be put online in public domain but this person is really a beautiful person from inside. He has the same problem that I am suffering from. We are both looking for a bride. The problem for him is more serious as he is 33 and not as educated as me, doesn't earn as much as I do, and also because his speech is not very clear. His tongue slips on few syllables such as he would pronounce T in "tomato" as T in the Hindi word for 'you' that is 'tu'. When I spoke to him, I treated him like the protagonist and myself in the supporting role like Kamli (Kamlesh) was to Sanju (Sanjay Dutt), like Bachchan bhaiya was to Bala (Balmukund). The statement he repeated atleast a couple of times made me very emotional. He would say: I would bring my wife and family here if I had any. And, thinking about it is bringing a quotation by Mahatma Gandhi in mind: What's basic necessity for you might be luxury for another. Food for me and an expensive family outing for Sanjay. Tags: Behavioral Science,Indian Politics,Psychology,Biography,Journal,Politics,Emotional Intelligence,

No comments:

Post a Comment