Thursday, June 3, 2021

Meet Ann Mumo (from Kenya)


Ann Mumo was born in October 27, 1998 in Mumbuni, Machakos county to James and Judith. I was the firstborn. Later mum gave birth to a baby boy and later two girls. My mother was a farmer that time but because of her having kids she had to settle down and take care of us. My father, a long distance truck driver, was away at the time of birth. On night I was born, heavy rain cut off my homestead from the rest of the county. My grandmother had to play the midwife. I grew up tending sheep in the company of my uncle Jackson. When I was five, I was gored by a he-goat. Some older girls who were coming from school rescued me. An ugly scar on my thigh remained for the rest of my life. I respect my parents and everyone older than me. I attended Kasinga primary school. On my first day in school I cried torrents when I saw my mum as she walked away. I went home later in the day and swore never to return to school again. With my father's coaxing I grew to like school. At school I enjoyed singing and listening to bible stories. I worked hard to became the top performer in my local school. Eventually I finally completed my primary education where I got 285 marks as a mean grade. Even though my parents were poor they struggled for my high school fee. At Kinanie high school where I joined at the age of fourteen, the classmates used to call me 'full stop' owing to my snail stature. I excelled in academic and was actively involved in volleyball and basketball. I finally attained a mean grade of C+. After high school, I worked as an insurance saleswoman waiting for my parents to find my fee. I later joined University of Nairobi in 2018 taking biomedical nursing till now.
~ ~ ~
Tags: Communication Skills,Success Story,Biography,Politics,Kenya,

No comments:

Post a Comment